52Frames: Golden Hour

Golden hour in the cold, cold morning!

 After spending a week carrying my camera to work in the hope of some golden rays before school started, I had nothing for this week's challenge - but I did get photos of a fox!

In the middle of the English lesson, there was great excitement because a fox was spotted on the school field. Normally, I do try and keep myself and the class focussed on what is happening inside the room, but sometimes you just have to stop and take in the moment.

The children rushed to the windows while I grabbed my camera and clicked away. The teaching assistant tried to get us all back to the lesson, but I still had a couple more photos to get!





Back to the actual photography challenge! The extra credit was to take the pictures in the morning golden hour. We've just had, not the longest, but the most extraordinary half term. Nearly a classfull of children have been in school and as a year group team we have been supporting the rest of the three classes learning at home. New technology, new ways of structuring lessons and resources... my point is, that on the first day of the half term break, getting up before the sun does isn't on most teacher's agenda.

I cracked open the curtains to reveal a pink sky, so I was hopeful of a beautiful morning and mustered the energy to drag myself out of bed into several layers of clothes (it was -5C).

At first I was disappointed - no golden rays at all, but then I realised the sun wasn't fully up (face palm!).

In the end I was really greatful for the morning golden hour challenge and despite it being bitterly cold had a lovely 3.6 mile walk - me and my camera in a fab setting. 











There were 6 magpies - which seemed apt 
'Six for gold...'

And then there was more... when the sun was higher!



Very exciting to see a redwing 50 feet from my doorstep

Don't remember seeing icicles so big here!

Comments

Popular Posts