52Frames: Fabric

“Moor Fabric: crafted from the countryside”
It's all about the process this week. I was stuck, so I made some fabric, as you do. I've been toying with weaving for ages. As I've never done anything like this before, I don't have any equipment, so I improvised with a photo frame & dental floss!
The design evolved from simply wanting to weave with dandelions (on everyone's bucketlist , right?).

 In the end it looks a bit like the moor where I foraged the natural materials: with a river, a canal, paths, meadows & a few muddy patches.
I left all the other wildflowers alone, BTW, & the frame is sitting on what I didn't use.
My fingertips got a bit sore pushing and pulling the wool and the dandelions in & out of the minty fresh warp threads! A proper loom & a massive needle would have really helped!
I love that the dandelion stems saiyd up to being threaded and I'm most period of where I made a pattern from the beige and blue wool. I *think* it's twining!
I'm so happy with how it turned out.







#52Frames_fabric #boxmoor #hemelhempstead #hertfordshire #dandelions #upcycling #recycling #craftingwithnature #foundobjects #foraging #weaving #weaver #wovenfibreart #wovenwallhanging #walldecor #designer #woven #weaverfever #textiledesign #weaversofinstagram #modernweaving #instaartist #fiberartist #fiberart #visualart #handwoven #design #loom

Comments

Popular Posts