Herts Open Studios 2021


I'm taking part in Herts Open Studios this year, for the first time.
It's been on my arty bucket list for quite a long time and now I've finally got some work together, ready to show! 

My prints are digital composites of up to 40 layers of photographs taken of the same subject from many different angles, as I walked around them.
Carefully aligned and blended, the resulting images have the look and feel of fine art impressionism.
The subjects of the images were found this summer in wild flower meadows in and around Dacorum on my walks. The trees can be found in Longdean Nature Reserve, Bunkers Park.
I'd love it if you came to see them, and me!

This is when and where you can find me:

Workshops
My sketching and illustration workshops will be very relaxed. You'll use the same sort of mini art kit that I use, to create journal pages and/ or flowers.

*Sketchbook journaling 101: illustrate your life
Tues 21st Sept, 11-12.30 and
Sun 10th Oct, 2-3.30
*Watercolour flowers: paint a simple birth-month posy   
Fri 8th October, 11-1

£10 per person 
Book your place in advance on Eventbrite (£1.01 booking fee) or turn up and pay on the day, but places are limited
For more details and booking information:


*Weaving on a Loom, free demos
Sat 18th Sept & 
Wed 6th Oct - 10.30 to 4.30 

In the demonstrations, I'll be working on these weavings on my loom: they are maps. The left is the Grand Union Canal, from Boxmoor to the Grove, on the right, is a favourite wild swimming spot, Hartham Common.

I'm really looking forward to running the demos and workshops, I’ll also be stewarding on 22nd, 23rd Sept & 7th Oct – come and chat!

Find us in the Dacorum Creatives Hub, located inside the Marlowes shopping centre in Hemel. Hempstead.






Comments

Popular Posts