In search of orchids

In search of orchids....


I may have gone a tad overboard with 10 pages from one walk last week, mostly on @boxmoortrust land
It was such a beautiful day and I had a whole morning free. My first decent length walk with my camera since long covid. My energy levels are definitely improving ☺️
I spent some time on a spurious hunt for an elusive and rare green butterfly - every time I chased a possible sighting, it turned out to be a cabbage white
But there were plenty of orchids!
These little flowers are so beautiful. It was such a bonus to see so many other wildflowers still in bloom.
I've also started to be less content with just seeing and I'm now trying to learn more about what I see, so there are more notes appearing on my pages.

simple map of my route - including a little afternoon jaunt

Belted Galloways, and flying creatures: damoiselles, dragonflies, and midges (I didn't draw them though)

cormorant

duck, heron and lovely water flowers, which I haven't been able to identify yet

Comma butterfly, which is making a comeback, on blackberry blossom 

Bumblebee on scabiosa
orchid, harebell and hoverflies

the lovely wildlife strip above Roughdown common












Comments

Popular Posts