Some examples of my work - 2023

Illustration

Illustrated map of Hemel Hempstead commissioned by Hemel BID
Watercolour and ink illustration
Illustrated map of Hemel Hempstead, installed in the Subway Art Gallery

Some details from the map:







Selected illustrations from the book: The Camel and the Wizard
An epic poem, 44 pages including end pages. Digital illustration



repeating pattern for end pages

Three Commissions
Ink and watercolour




A selection of journal pages




Digital Composites






Acrylic painting  - semi-abstract of the churchyard in spring
This is a key area of focus for improvement and development for me


Natural Fibres

Fleece from Boxmoor Trust Norfolk Horns
I bought it raw and dirty, washed it. Here you can see my first attempts at spinning as well as my latest design of mini needle felted versions of the sheep.




Sticks, twigs and leaves!

Mini foraging basket: honeysuckle handle and ribs, ivy rim, dandelion God's eye and weavers,
bluebell leaf cordage weavers

Open random weave bowl: ivy, apple, beech, thin strands of bamboo

Catalan tension tray: wisteria, apple, beech, black bamboo, ivy, privett

This is a woven representation of Harding's Moor, Box Moor, incorporating foraged fibres from the moor
My first foray into wild weaving.





A small collection of my photography





Comments

Popular Posts