52Frames: Fast shutter speed

I'm really not going to set up tripods and lighting to get a water drop photo, which is the extra challenge for this week. Instead I wanted to photograph a butterfly in flight in the garden. I didn't even see one until today - the day photos need to be submitted - and did I get even a smidgen of a butterfly on my camera lens? No, no I didn't!
I spent an afternoon chasing bees and hoverflies - there were some big misses! The one which hung around the most was the enemy of bee, the rather grand looking, and grand sounding, Bombylius Major - otherwise known as a large bee fly. However, it didn;t want to pose in the sunshine. The flighty hoverfly was a better model.
After that we played with a couple dandelions, which was fun.








And here are a couple of 'bloopers'
It's not even in focus!

Bye then! A bee fly's bottom!




Comments

Popular Posts